Airtable to be used as an phone app

Not sure if this is possible on Airtable, but would be interested in someone building:

Looking for phone access to look up product skus that would include basic info (image, description, etc) where you can click, select and make a change (mainly price) to each. At that point, once they are done clicking on all skus needed, a csv could be generated on the other end indicating each SKU, info and change in price. In short, I am looking to have a retail chain enable their managers to indicate weekly items from their phone and change pricing to be used in ads. Doable in Airtable? Of is there a developer out there intested in building? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the community, @fdecca!

Hmm… you could probably create a mobile app like that with Airtable as the backend. You may want to reach out to @JonathanBowen of Dragon Drop who has a lot of experience building mobile frontends that use Airtable as the backend.

There might also be other people in this community who could help you with this as well! Perhaps they will chime in below!

Alternatively, you may want to look at a more advanced mobile database platform like FileMaker, which was specifically designed to create advanced desktop & mobile apps. I was a FileMaker developer for 30 years, but I only do Airtable consulting now. But if you’re interested in going down this path, feel free to reach out to me through my website and I can refer you to some great FileMaker developers.

1 Like

@fdecca I have built a few different tools using Airtable as a backend and the front end for stakeholders that “can handle it” and for those who need a much more refined experience, I have built front-end interfaces for those clients. This includes barcode scanning, inventory adjustment, product lookups, and reporting. I’d love to help you out with this! Please find a time here to discuss this further and get the ball rolling! https://book.vimcal.com/p/robw/45-minute-meeting-pdt

3 Likes