Pre filling a form value from a linked table

HI - I am having real problems with what I think should be super simple - but I am just starting out with Airtable, so any help would be very much appreciated.

I have a table which has a unique id ‘Run_no’ This table is called Calendar.

I have a second table called Sessions which pulls the Run_number from Calendar and concatenates it with some text to form a 'Run name.

I want a form from the sessions table to default always to run number 100, so the new record in sessions, always relates to run 100 when this form is used.

I am using the syntax formurl?prefill_Run_no=100
I have also tried it by using the record Id instead of 100, but to no avail.

But this is not working - can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

Welcome to the community, @Kate!

1. Make sure you have a field on your sessions form for the run number.
  2. Then, be sure to use the name of that field (instead of Run_no) for your prefill URL.
  3. Also, make sure that you URL Encode the prefill part of the URL if it contains spaces or special characters. (You may also need to get rid of any underscore characters, in case that confuses Airtable.)
  4. If it still doesn’t work, are you using an interface form or a form view? Airtable currently has a bug with interface forms where default values that you set in the right margin for linked record fields will not appear on the form, but they will also prevent any prefilled values in the URL from appearing. So you’ll also need to eliminate any default values in the right margin.

Some additional resources as well: