You have all your data in Airtable and now you need to summarize and calculate all the information.
Reporting on business information is a vital part of company operations. “How do I create a report in Airtable?” is one of the common questions we see from Airtable users.
First, the answer is, “Yes, you can create reports!” You can create summary reports from your Airtable data, whether you need to summarize income, projects, sales, or information such as employee vacation hours or inventory totals.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create summary reports in Airtable, how to automate record links to a report, and how to create a dashboard to showcase the information for others.
See the full tutorial here:
How to Create a Summary Report in Airtable
The Basics of How to Create a Report in Airtable
We get into the details of how to set up your own report in the step-by step tutorial, but here are the basics for creating a report in Airtable.
- Create a new table in your base and name it Reports
- In the Reports table, add a Linked record field related to the table that contains the data you want to summarize.
If you want to report on all Leads/Deals, then link to the table where your Leads/Deals data is stored.
- Add Rollup fields with a Rollup field formula to calculate the data from your linked table.
Rollup fields allow you to look up data from Linked tables and join, summarize, or count that information.
Rollup Field formulas like
SUM(values) are common
- Create a single record in your Reports table and add any records from your Linked table that need to be included on the Report
- Your Report data will be automatically calculated
Once you have a Linked record field and a few Rollup fields set up, you’ll be able to create your own Reports any time you need!
Find a step-by-step tutorial with examples - How to Create a Summary Report in Airtable