Newbie needs help with dynamic filtering

I am a graphic/web designer and project manager who is new to Airtable. After on-boarding myself with some great tutorial videos, I got my AirTable base set up. I am struggling to accomplish two things:

1. I need to properly set up dynamic filtering whereby the options presented in the “Tag” dropdown are controlled by which of the options are first selected in the “Category” dropdown, and
  2. I need to get this dynamic filtering to work in an integration that I am embedding in my client’s Squarespace website.
    Can anyone help?

UPDATE! Support staff at Airtable gave me a bunch of tips, including this link to this video demonstrating how the dynamic filtering is set up. It helped me figure out the final last few tweaks, and I am now all set up with dynamic filtering in my base!

Regarding the dynamic filtering in the integration, I learned from an offline convo w/Scott that it’s simply not possibly using the native Airtable tools, but it could probably be achieved via some custom JavaScript, so that is what I am going to pursue next.

Hope someone else finds these findings helpful :wink:

1 Like