Get Docusign URL for Airtable

Hello! I am using Make to send signature requests via Docusign. I’ve also set up a webhook that will notify Make when the recipient signs the document. My goal is to use the webhook to get a URL from Docusign that I can pass to an Airtable attachment field, so that I can store the signed PDF in Airtable. There is a Make module for downloading the PDF, but that doesn’t help since Airtable can’t take documents - it needs a URL so that it can download the document itself. So my 2 questions are:

1. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get such a URL from the Docusign API? This is the most preferrable solution
  2. If there isn’t a way to get the URL, has anyone built other automations for uploading a PDF to Sharepoint/OneDrive and then generating a share link from that which can be passed to Airtable?

I actually just did this exact setup for a client a few weeks ago.

And yes, you are correct — unfortunately, you have to get a cloud drive involved to get the URL of the file to send to Airtable.

Here’s a screenshot of our setup:

1 Like

That’s a bummer but it’s nice to see that the workaround is fairly straightforward. Thank you @ScottWorld!!

1 Like

Dropping back in here because I decided to go the OneDrive route. I’m getting what looks like permissions errors when I try to upload to a specific folder using “Upload a File” module:
[401] This access token is not valid on this endpoint.

I am not very familiar with OneDrive, but I think that the account I’m using should have the right access. A “Search Files/Folders” module is able to pull information, but the “Upload File” module is returning the error (which makes me think it is a permissions issue). Just curious if there are common pitfalls to be aware of

Sorry, I don’t know enough about OneDrive to guide you on that. If more permissions are needed, Make usually prompts you to reauthorize, but since it didn’t ask you to do that, it could be something else. You may want to ask Make support. I would say ask Microsoft, but that would be an impossible Herculean task to get a knowledgeable or responsive Microsoft employee. :joy:

That’s helpful to know that Make would usually provide more information. I think that the authorization worked, but the specific user permissions need to be tweaked. I’ll report back if I discover more info

Following up with an update: we tested a few different types of OneDrive locations, and found that while the same error kept showing for the original target folder, which was in a Classic SharePoint Site, a folder in a more modern Teams style site worked fine. That’s not to say there isn’t a solution for the classic Sharepoint site, but that discovery was enough for us to get what we needed.

1 Like