Has anyone tested this new app which works with airtable
No, but I’ve looked closely at it. My observations:
- It might be good for certain use cases where the free instance and very low free tier works (< 2,000 records).
- The CEO says that “the data is uploaded for training”. I must ask why and where [exactly] it is uploaded. What’s the privacy and retention policy? If your data is removed from their servers, does the AI data all vanish?
- Classification with AI (as he demonstrated) is really simple to build using embeddings. Your data needn’t be uploaded anywhere, nor is there a “training” process per se. This article explains it pretty well.
- His no-code approach will attract those who just don’t have the latitude to bother with script like this.
- Almost certainly, Airtable will integrate something very much like Aito (eventually). This is dangerous turf for any aftermarket extension developers.
- This is pretty pricey. Even the $40/month service doesn’t [apparently] come with any server uptime expectancy.